Saturday 15 December 2012

Winter Skin Warriors - Perfect Skin for Party Season

The winter month of December brings us relentless sniffles, bad skin and often a dip in self confidence. A mixture of blistering cold winds and skin drying central heating can leave us feeling sore, chapped, dry and can banish our festive party feeling. But fear not I have composed a list of must have products to combat dry winter skin and to get you ready for mistletoe rendezvous'!


The first step in beautiful skin is EXFOLIATION.

I can't stress how important this is especially in winter when skin becomes drier at a faster rate than in summer. My skin is extremely dry all year round and often have a cracked appearance so I exfoliate everyday, others, depending on your skin can exfoliate once or twice a week.

I use Neutrogena Blackhead Eliminating Pads on my Neutrogena Wave daily.




 The pads are coated in smooth beads which softly buff away dead skin cells and leave skin looking smooth and fresh. The vibrations of the Wave and the cleanser which is soaked into each pad also forms a silky foam which cleanses the skin and unclogs pores. I definitely recommend the Wave to everyone as its really a 2 in 1 cleanser and exfoliator.
If you find the beaded pads to harsh try the original cleansing pads


Another great exfoliator is Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant. 


This product comes in a powdered form and is activated upon contact with water. Once the skin has been cleansed rub a small sprinkling of the powder on warm wet hands and form into a paste by rubbing fingers together. Massage the paste all over your face avoiding the eyes and rinse off with warm water.

This exfoliant is great for sensitive skin or for those who only need a gentle exfoliator as it leaves skin looking smoother, brighter and healthier.

As only a small amount is needed I would approximate a 13g tub would last 3-4 months (Value for Money!!)


Once you have waved goodbye to whose pesky dead skin cells its time to moisturize and nourish those fresh cells at the surface of the skin.

I would probably say I have the worst skin known to man, it's extremely dry yet oily, I have break outs and discolouration, so if a moisturiser works on me it most likely will definitely work on you!
There are so many moisturisers out there and I would say I have tried a good half of them but here are two products I have bought time and again.

Clarins Mutli-Active Jour - Early Wrinkle Correction Cream



Now despite only being 20 it's never to early to start anti wrinkle cream but that's not really why I use this product. It's somewhere between a light creme and a gel but I feel it forms a layer on my skin that not only nourishes and protects but gives a fantastic smooth base for makeup (Holller!)

A lot of moisturisers can rub off into lumps after application or can make the skin look very oily and greasy, but Multi-Active Jour soaks immediately into the skin and almost has a cooling effect, perfect for application after a hot shower!

The only downside to Clarins is the price tag, so here's a pocket pinching alternative.


MONU - Firming Moisturiser 


This product also has the same gel like texture and leaves skin looking softer and more radiant!


Here are some of my favourite body and hand moisturisers 


Rituals Magic Touch Body Cream - Cherry Blossum & Rice Milk
The smell isn't my favourite in the world but it's still nice and leaves skin exceptionally soft.


Alison Claire Remarkable - Mango Body Butter
By Far my favourite body butter I have came across The smell is lush, the texture is amazing and with a hand pump bottle theres no nasty finger prints in tubs. A Must!



Crabtree & Evelyn - Himalayan Blue Hand Creme
This is the nicest smelling hand creme I have came across, it absorbs quickly so you aren't left with greasy hands and lasts hours.



I hope these suggestions may help a few of you in combating that winter skin and get you on your way to feeling festive, fun and flirty!


Love and Peace,


Gubs


x

No comments:

Post a Comment